If you would like to take advantage of our free firewood program, continue reading the rest of this paragraph and then email us with all your phone numbers to be added to the list.
- The way the system works is this: Once we are done a tree removal job where the firewood is to be picked up and removed, we start calling our list of firewood pickups (that’s you!). The first person who picks up their phone and commits to picking up the firewood within the next 3 days gets the job. So, your availability is the key. Some people turn out to never be available on the phone, some people have their phone on and with them all the time, and it’s they who end up with most of the wood we generate.
- Our firewood is usually fresh green wood, cut to fireplace lengths: 14-18″, unsplit, and piled near where the trees were.
- You do not have to be a client to pick up our firewood.
- You don’t have to accept a pick up offered to you – you won’t be scratched from the list.
- Firewood pickups will be within Calgary city limits only.
- You must own your own vehicle and pick up at least one vehicle load at the jobsite. No small cars allowed. SUV’s and minivans are the minimum, preferably pick up trucks and trailers. If you don’t have the required vehicle, you can refer a friend who has one, who can pick it up for you, and I will deal with them directly. No borrowing of others’ vehicles allowed, as this creates an insecure line of accountability. I strongly advise you bring work gloves and a wheeler, dolly, or wheelbarrow, and an extra hand on large loads would make your job easier.
- The last requirement is that you call us when the wood is picked up, making you eligible for future pickups.
- If you are not able to pick the wood up after you have agreed to do so, you must call us or you will be scratched from the list. Otherwise, you are welcome to as much wood as we can produce for you.
- Be aware also that there may be others ahead of you on our list.
- At this point, once you have read the above and are still interested, please email me on the Contact Us page with all your contact #’s and what equipment you have for pick ups. Also include any restrictions you have for wood type and areas to go, so I know when not to call you.
- Looking forward to hearing from you!